EXECUTIVE PAY IN CANADA
By 1:18 pm on January 2, Canada’s top 100 CEOs will have already pocketed $45,448. It takes the average Canadian an entire year of full-time work to earn that.
Why do banks charge so much for service fees, banking plans, interest charges, etc.? A portion of it has to go to the pockets of the bank CEOs. Where does each bank CEO deposit their money?! I wonder…
Below are the five major commercial banks and the national bank of Canada. Their CEO salaries are listed in million dollar.
- CEO William Downe, Bank of Montreal (BMO)
- CEO Edmund Clark, Toronto-Dominion Bank (TD)
- CEO Gordon Nixon, Royal Bank of Canada (RBC)
- CEO Richard Waugh, Bank Of Nova Scotia (ScotiaBank)
- CEO Gerald McCaughey, Canadian Imperial Bank of Commerce (CIBC)
- CEO Louis Vachon, National Bank of Canada (NBC)
Year 2011 for Bank CEO’s
|$ = million of dollars ( x 1,000,000)|